Memorialize Your Memorial Day with These Amazing Grill Recipes
Stone Grilled Salmon with Grilled Zucchini and Red Peppers
Salmon is known as a nutritional marvel, with it being an excellent source of vitamin B12, vitamin D and Selenium. Salmon is well known for being ‘Brain Food’. So, naturally its included in this selection of favorite grilled recipes.
- 2 thick pink Salmon Steaks
- 1 lime
- 2 medium sized Zucchini
- 1 medium Red or Orange pepper
- 1 whole Garlic
- Olive oil
- Rinse the Salmon and lightly dust with salt and pepper. Squeeze a lime wedge over each Salmon Steak and top with chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini and red pepper into squares to stack on the grill skewers.
- Removed garlic shells and separate the cloves.
- Skewer zucchini, pepper, and garlic cloves alternately. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using a pizza stone, start up your grill and warm the stone. Do not get it too hot, as it may ruin your salmon. The trick is the get the stone warm, then turn the burners directly under it off, placing the veggie skewers on either side of the stone, directly over the ON burners. Remember to rotate them.
- Place the Salmon on the hot stone and close the lid. Check on them regularly. It should only take about 10-15 minutes to fully cook.
Note: When grilling fish, you want to make sure that you are making adjustments according to your grill. If its your first time grilling Salmon, be wary of over cooking it.
Lime Chipotle Chicken and Roasted Corn on the Cob
Grilled chicken is a faithful option for those looking for a tasty and healthy option. With a single chicken breast you are getting a good source of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. And without the added oil you find in its fried counterpart you’re getting more nutrients with less calories and fats!
Ingredients for chicken:
- 2-4 Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2-3 teaspoon Chili Powder (depending on your spice preference)
- 2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- Prepare the marinade by whisking together the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, minced garlic, and lime zest. Pound chicken until even thickness throughout and place the chicken breasts and marinade in a plastic, resealable, bag. Place in the fridge to marinate for 2-4 hrs.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Season chicken with preferred amount of salt and pepper. Cook chicken halfway, about 8-10 minutes, then flip the chicken and finish cooking on the other side, about another 10 minutes. You can also sear the chicken in a lightly oiled skillet until there is a nice sear to it and transfer it to the oven, preheated to 350 F, until cooked through.
Ingredients for corn:
- Husked ears of corn, cut in half
- Olive oil or canola oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried cilantro
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chipotle seasoning or crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 450 F. Spread 2 Tbs of oil onto the bottom of a baking pan. Roll each ear of corn across the oil and space evenly on pan. Sprinkle half of the combined seasoning mix over the corn, squeeze half lime over corn. Cover the pan, tightly, with foil. Let bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove corn from oven. Turn each piece of corn over. Drizzle 2 Tbs of oil over the unseasoned sides of the corn. Sprinkle the rest of the seasoning over the corn (you can use less if you don’t want as much seasoning on the corn). Recover with foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
Pesto Grilled Shrimp
Seafood is always a good idea, if cooked correctly, to get a good source of protein. Shrimp offers a lot of flavor, low calories, and high contents of important vitamins and minerals like niacin and selenium. This recipe is packed with flavor and is sure to give you, and your guests, a tasty, and healthy, grill option.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup basil, packed
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use a food processor, or blender, to pulse basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Marinate shrimp in the pesto mix for at least 20 minutes, overnight in the fridge is preferred.
- Skewer shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked.