Get the Grill Hot and Bothered This Summer
ELOTE (grilled mexican corn)
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to high. Brush grill grate with oil.
- Combine chile powder and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Grill corn, turning occasionally with tongs, until cooked through and lightly charred, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from grill and immediately brush each ear with 1½ tsp. mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp. cheese and a pinch of chile powder mixture. Squeeze 1 lime wedge over each ear and
Sweet Onion–Marinated Skirt Steak
- Combine onion, brown sugar, vinegar, and oil in a large resealable plastic bag. Season steak generously with kosher salt and pepper and add to bag.
- Seal bag and turn steak to coat.
- Let marinate at least 20 minutes, or chill up to 2 hours.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; oil grate. Remove steak from marinade, pat dry, and grill, turning once, until browned and medium-rare, about 5 minutes.
- Oncutting board: let rest 10 minutes. Thinly slice and top with chives and a sprinkle of sea salt.
BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICHES
- Stud the roast with the cloves and rub with the Smokey BBQ Rub.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker and top with the onions.
- Cover the roast with 2 cups of water and slow cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the pork, discard the cloves and layer of fat, as well as any water and grease remaining in the pot.
- When the pork is cool enough to handle, use a fork or your hands to shred and pull the meat apart.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker along with the barbecue sauce.
- Heat for 1 to 2 hours. Serve on your favorite roll.